APA FISA Watch is a resource for organizations and individuals concerned about the misuse and abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) and its amendments on innocent U.S. persons, particularly Asian Americans who have been victimized.
We believe in the American justice system to protect and be accountable for the innocent.
The purpose is to:
• Raise public awareness about the racial and ethnic profiling of innocent Asian Americans under the guise of national security
• Urge actions by Congress and the White House to ensure that privacy and civil liberties of Americans are protected under the U.S. Constitution in the digital age
• Monitor and hold the Government accountable for its misuse and abuse of the authorities granted under FISA and its amendments
The latest action is to urge Congress to reauthorize the FISA Amendments Act of 2008 before its current sunset date of December 31, 2017 by including:
• A new sunset date in the short term, e.g., 4 years
• Provisions for more oversight, accountability and transparency
• Stronger protection of privacy and civil liberty